Peter’s principal contribution to the community has been 50 years of excellence in the practice of the law.
Peter was first admitted as a lawyer in 1968, and in 1972 he opened his own firm.
Very few practitioners can match Peter’s experience and success in Criminal and Family law matters. He has conducted trials in the Local, District and Supreme Courts ranging from traffic offences to murder, and his skill in cross-examination has earned him an outstanding reputation with Judges, Magistrates, Prosecutors and his fellow legal practitioners.
He has also appeared at all levels of the Family Court including a large number of property and custody cases now recorded as caselaw, and has vast experience in Wills and Estates, especially in Family Provision claims.
Peter is also a Notary Public.
Peter’s interests away from work have always been in volunteer service, and his many appointments include:-
- Inaugural Chairman of the Charitable Heart of Sydney Foundation.
- Chairman of the Hills Community Golf Classic Committee from 2014 – 2019.
- From 1996-2001 he was a member of the Volunteers Advisory Committee for the Sydney Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- From 1998-2002 he served as Chairman of the NSW Paralympic Committee.
- From 1981 -2019 Peter was a judge in the N.S.W. Law Society Mock Trial program for schools, and has adjudicated at the grand final of that competition.
- In 2000 he was honoured to be one of the very few people to be selected to carry both the Olympic and Paralympic torches.
- In recognition of his service to the local business community Peter has been awarded life membership of Dural & Round Corner Chamber of Commerce.
- Peter served as Chairman of the Bid Committee and Vice-Chairman of the Host Committee for the 2010 Lions Clubs International Convention, the largest Convention ever held in Sydney.
- Long-term member of the Inala Charity Golf Day Committee.
Peter s received from an extensive array of awards from Lions Clubs including the International President’s Medal, the International Leadership Award and the Lions Australia Outstanding Service Award. He is a Progressive Melvin Jones Fellow.
You don’t buy property, go to Court, administer an Estate or make a Will every day, but Dural Legal Centre do!